What is the best way to make instant coffee?
Our pace of life doesn’t always allow doing our own things. Sometimes, instead of a cup of delicious real coffee, we have to settle for the instant substitute. There are many ways to make the instant substitute more enjoyable! Many people like drinking it with foam. We will share the most efficient and simply the best ways to make it.
How to make Coffee with Crema at Home
You will need:
- A ceramic cup or a glass
- A metal spoon
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 heaped teaspoons sugar sand
- 2/3 cup (about 150 ml) hot water
- Pour the coffee granules and sugar sand into the cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon of hot water.
- Thoroughly grind the granules and sugar until you get a smooth paste, resembling a caramel color.
- Gently pour hot water down the wall side of the cup into the ready paste.
- Your hot beverage with foam is now ready to enjoy.
Secrets to Creating the Perfect Foam
This simple recipe involves several peculiarities, which will make your task easier and improve the final result.
- Sand sugar should be as fine as possible. You can replace the sand sugar with sugar powder. It is easier to grind and you’ll need less effort to get a smooth paste.
- If you’ve decided to use sugar powder, you will need to use a little bit more, – 3 teaspoons per 1 teaspoon of coffee. You should use a tiny amount of water – half teaspoon.
- You should grind the sugar and coffee in fast and vigorous motions; otherwise, you will fail to get the thick smooth paste, which will later turn into foam.
- The most common powder coffee will be the best option compared to using granulated. Freeze dried coffee requires more efforts to receive smooth mixture, as its granules are hardly dissolvable.
The foam can be a utilized as a perfect decoration for confectionaries, such as muffins or other types of baking.
Foamy Egyptian Coffee Recipe
This cooking method is extremely popular in Egypt; it is performed in many cafes.
You will need:
- 2 glasses or cups
- 3 teaspoons - instant coffee
- 3 teaspoons - sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 glass) - hot water
- 100 ml (1/2 glass) - warm milk
- 1 cocktail straw
- Put the dry ingredients into the glass and pour in a little of cold water.
- Use scissors to cut 5-7 cm of the cocktail straw lengthwise and open the cut so that to get a “helicopter”.
- Move the blades down into the glass with sugar and coffee mixture and start twisting the straw with energy between your palms.
- As a result, you should get a thick, creamy paste.
- Put the contents into a separate glass.
- Then, put 1 teaspoon of coffee and 1 teaspoon of sugar into the original glass used, add hot milk and hot water, stir the contents.
- Pour the ready creamy foam on top.
- Serve immediately.
You can create your own personalized drink by adding various different tastes such as vanilla sugar or cinnamon or by replacing water with milk or mixing them in equal proportions.
Do you have any specific techniques you use to add foam onto your instant coffee?